Sunday, June 29, 2014

Better Than a Hallelujah

Na Sziasztok, 
Yesterday I got to spend the evening with my Trainer. I invited her to come with me to the Utah Arts Festival which turned out to be a great girls-night-out. We walked around at the festival, then went shopping, then of course we got some Chocolate Mousse at an adorable little bakery. And, being a girls-night-out, we talked... a lot.  We joked about the mission, we chatted about good friends, and we reflected on life. 
Really, any of our conversation could be traced back to a simple truth: God's perspective is perfect, ours.. well..not so much. 
We often don't realize just how perfect of an Orchestrater God is. He fine-tunes our lives in such incomprehensible harmony, yet it's almost as if we plug our ears and miss out on the music because we don't trust the notes we see. 
Or, perhaps, to put it in different words: "Sometimes when it seems like everything is falling apart, it's actually falling into place". 
We are such finite beings that it's really hard to comprehend just how involved God is in our lives and just how perfect his plan is for us in the long run. 
And since I'm such a finite person myself, I'm really struggling trying to put into words just what exactly this all means in regards to the nature of our everyday lives.
Maybe, in a second- last ditch attempt, I'll share a song that might just explain what I'm trying to get across a little further... 
It's called "Better than a Hallelujah" by Amy Grant (for the record: I actually like the Mercy River version of this song better). 
When I first came across this song, I didn't really like it. God wants us to be happy- not sad. But in my last transfer of my mission, my companion absolutely adored this song. After listening to it a thousand times, I slowly came to realize what it actually meant to me. God rejoices over my broken moments because He knows just how that will compare to the Joy he has placed just around the corner. 

So when life seems like it's falling out of place- smile, because that probably just means that God is moving something great into place. 

Love Always,
Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)