Monday, February 3, 2014

The Inside


Sziasztok,
Well this weekend was successful. On Saturday we walked into the church building to help set up for the baptism, and there was Zsolt already there. He was cleaning the windows to help those who were there for the weekly church cleaning. Already serving. Little does he realize, he was already fulfilling

his baptismal covenants before the actual baptism. When we walked in, we asked him what he was doing and he jokingly said "Well, I'm cleaning the outside before the inside".
The baptismal service went well. There were a lot of little and big miracles that day which are a conversation for another time. I'm very grateful to have been a part of this whole process. There is so much to learn about the atonement, it's a miraculous thing.
Now it's just onward and upward.
For me too. 
The last several transfers I've learned more and more about how much I need to change. But I've also learned that I'm a lot more happy when I'm progressing. When I'm backtracking or even just staying at a stand still, it just doesn't feel good. It's hard to change, but we're a lot happier when we're willing to change and progress. Because that's why we are here.
Hope all is well at home and you're not freezing too much, it's sure getting cold. Stay warm, stay happy, and keep improving.
Szeretlek mindig,
Curtin nővér
p.s. The little details- picture time again :)
1. Zsolt's baptism. No offense to Hungarians, but they can be really happy and then suddenly we stick them in front of the camera and they don't know how to smile. so..
2. This is me teaching Zsolt how to smile for a camera
3. This is him trying
4. and this is Sister Burdick and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)