Monday, September 23, 2013

Eternal Marriage


 
Szervusztok,

Another great week; this weekend we had district conferences with the Papa and Sopron branches. Our mission president and his wife were down here in Szombathely. We decided to invite them to a program with Zoli (the one getting baptized in a few weeks) and his wife Maria. It was so good. 

We felt like having President Smith and his wife there would be a perfect opportunity to teach them about eternal marriage. I think it was one of my favorite lessons so far. It was hard to have to translate back and forth throughout the whole lesson, but it was definitely worth it. We talked about how baptism is just the beginning to a road to eternal happiness- in other words- eternal families and marriages. One of my favorite parts was when President Smith put his arm around his wife and said "Heaven wouldn't be heaven without her." As I turned to translate, I found Zoli and Maria already laughing. "You understood that?" I asked.  Zoli said, “There are something’s that are just understood.” I think this lesson was exactly what was needed to help everyone understand and remember the real purpose of God’s plan. Sister Smith ended up changing her talk for the next day to talk about the temple sealing because of that program. Such a great reminder and I'm so excited for the potential my investigators have to eventually enjoy that same peace and assurance that can come from being sealed as a couple and family. 

In other exciting news-I was able to see some members from Pécs yesterday. They gave me the updates that 2 of my investigators received the priesthood a few weeks ago and that one of them now has a calling in the church to lead the music. This is such a perfect calling for him, everyone has a place in this church. I love that the work is continuing to roll forward. 

Szeretlek mindig, 
Curtin Nővér 

P.S. daily details:
1. My feet are not used to cold ground. Slippers are a must. 
2. Sister Peterson made a sad observation the other day when it was cold. There is no sitting by warm vents in Hungary. We are still waiting for the gas to turn on so we have any sort of heat. It’s not too cold yet but it's getting there.
3. Attached pictures:

     1) Those sunflower things I talked about that half the population has on their doors.
     2) Sister Peterson cheated and opened her birthday package early. She got a cute new white shirt and peanut butter- because that doesn’t exist here.
     3) Try reading this bus schedule.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)