Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sister Curtin Gets Approval to Travel to Hungary

 

 
Sziastok Everyone,
This morning I went to meet with the doctor. I waited about an hour in the room (so I got a lot of Book of Mormon studying done). He took so long because he was trying to decide the best option. His recommendation was that I at least not leave right away for Hungary but he suggested I go talk to President Priday (My Branch President) because his role is primarily recommendation. I went and talked to President Priday who sent me to talk to President Brown (MTC President and diagnostic radiologist before retiring). President Brown decided he wanted to talk to Dr. Brown and the missionary department in Salt Lake City. So off I went to In-Field Orientation while I waited. Then I got called to talk to President Mciff who said based both from his knowledge (He was also a diagnostic radiologist before serving as one of the MTC Presidents.) and his ecclesiastical stand-point he thought I should go, but that he wanted to meet with Dr. Brown and President Brown. So back I went to In-Field Orientation. Then I got called back to a meeting with President Brown and President Priday. They both said they felt like I should be cleared to go, but thought we should involve my parents in the decision. So we called them up. I think it's a miracle that they were both together at the time and happened to have just finished watching my cousin be sealed to his family in the Salt Lake Temple (the reason I'm going on a mission- the plan of salvation). We decided I should go. I know it's not going to be easy, but I feel pretty good with that decision. A lot of prayers were said in my behalf and those who were involved in this decision and I'm very grateful for that. It's been a long day, but I'm happy to be moving forward. In my scripture study today in various waiting rooms, I read scriptures along the lines of "Go ye up out of the country and I will make thee an instrument in my hands" and some that said something like "Pray for those that are sick and the prayers of the faithful will bring about miracles". In 3 days I will be on my way to Hungary and I'm very grateful for that. I'm very grateful for my parents, for my past and present branch presidency, my district, the doctors and the MTC presidency. I have been blessed with many wonderful people in my life. Maybe not to others, but to me, this is a miracle.
Love you all,
Szeretlek,

Curtin Nover

(These are some scriptures that I found that are kind of like the ones she is describing above.)

Alma 17:10-11 “And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit, and said unto them: Be comforted. And they were comforted.
11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites (Hungarians), thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.
Mormon 9:19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.

4 Nephi 1:5  And there were great and marvelous works wrought by the disciples of Jesus, insomuch that they did heal the sick, and raise the dead, and cause the lame to walk, and the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear; and all manner of miracles did they work among the children of men; and in nothing did they work miracles save it were in the name of Jesus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)