Wednesday, October 24, 2012

ONE WEEK??

One week. I leave for the MTC in ONE WEEK.

Today I went to lunch with my dad, and chance would have it that the boy sitting just down from us was headed to the MTC today. I could tell before he said anything because 1. He was dressed up and his family was not 2. He kept nervously looking at his watch and 3. He had this obscure mixture of excitement, and solemness written all over his face and appearance. Plus, he carried himself like someone about to serve the Lord.

Wait. That's going to be me in a week.
I thought it would hit me by now. I thought it would hit me when I got my call, it didn't. I thought it would hit me when I got back from my last family vacation to Yellowstone, it didn't. I thought it would hit me when I quit my job, it didn't. I thought it would hit me when I got back from visiting family and friends in Washington, it didn't. I thought it would hit me now that I have ONE WEEK, it hasn't. But that's okay, because the lack of realization has helped me be "happy now" and enjoy the last 6 or so months since I received my call without getting too uptight with everything. (Which many who know me probably thought was bound to happy). I guess it could be thought of as a blessing. Maybe it will hit me when I speak in church on Sunday, but I have a feeling that it won't until I walk into those MTC doors in a week and finally realize that I am going to serve a mission for 18 months.

I am excited to serve in Hungary. A little nervous, yes. But I am so grateful for the great summer I've had with my family and I'm grateful for the next 18 months and it's so-far unrealized adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)