Monday, September 17, 2012

Missionary Survival Book

I quite my job so that I can have time to focus more on mission prep. That has left me with time to finish some project like my mission survival book. I found a really cheap, cute photobook at Smith's a few months back and started a project for myself. There are a few things that I knew I would want on my mission (and some that you are asked to bring) but I knew I wouldn't have a lot of space in luggage, so I decided to create this:

I finally finished it today. There are several pages.
 Page 1 has my name, my mission and my own personal mission motto.
 Page 2 has a photo of my family
 Page 3 has my ROCS
 Page 4 has my PBS- Patriarchal Blessing scriptures- scriptures that I've found relate to my blessing
 Page 5 has a picture of the Timpanogos temple (the temple I went through for my first time)
 Page 6 and 7 Have language helps (useful phrases and conjucations)
 Page 8 has a picture of myself holding  the carving one of the villagers made for me that says "God
             will put his angels in charge of you to protect you wherever you go"
 Page 9 has various mission advice I've gained from classes, reading, friend and family
 Page 10 has a photo of me holding the painting of Christ I did
 Page 11 has the poem I wrote when I was in Young Women's based on D&C 122
 Page 12-19 have Pictures and stories of a female ancestor from each side of my family
 Page 20 has my pedigree chart with pictures

It has been a fun project to make, especially writing the cool stories about my ancestors. Hopefully it will be a comfort and strength to me and will help me survive my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)