Thursday, July 12, 2012

Temple One: For Me

It's been a long time since I've posted on here. I've been ridiculously busy with work and mission prep. But, I've also been busy with temple trips.

The first, of course, was for myself. I chose to go to my local temple: The Timpanogas, Utah Temple.
My mom had planned to buy me a handkerchief along with all of my other clothing, but I had told her I already had one. I thought I knew where it was, but it wasn't until I was almost on my way out the door that I found one. It was the handkerchief that my mom embroidered with the Navuoo temple for when we went to the open house in Navuoo.

My siblings and I when we went to the open house of the Navuoo Temple

Inside the Timpanagos temple, while waiting with my mom, I received instruction from a lovely elderly temple worker. During the instruction, she paused and said something along the lines of "Today I get to mention something I normally don't. Today is the anniversary of the Nauvoo Temple dedication which is also the anniversary of the martyrdom of Joseph Smith."
I had no idea.
I looked down at my Navuoo temple handkerchief and realized that God had granted me a simple miracle as I attended the temple for the first time for myself.

I was also given a second miracle. When I made it to the final room, I was blessed to be able to be with both of my parents, and both sets of my grandparents. It was a tremendous blessing.

My mom and I now plan to attend a different temple in Utah every week if we can. Since then, we have been to 2 more. I will write about those 2 trips later, but for now- it's back to being busy- I have to head to work.

I am very grateful for the little reminders that God has given me and the many blessings that have gone along with it. And I am very grateful for the blessings of the temple.
Love Always,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)