Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's Coming.

This weekend was my single's ward stake conference. So, yesterday (Saturday) we had the "adult" session. I got there just in time since I had to work right before.
I listened and learned a lot, but the thing that stood out to me most was something that was not said out loud.
For some reason, as I was sitting there, my mind wandered to my up-coming mission call. (Maybe it had something to do with the fact that we sang- "We Are All Enlisted" as our congregation hymn). But, as I was thinking about it- I kept getting this feeling: It's Coming!  Coming? My papers just barely went in. Even if the call would be coming soon, I didn't think it would actually be in the process of coming since I didn't think they issued calls until maybe Monday or Tuesday or something. Plus, my 120 days were just barely up. It might be coming soon, but it couldn't actually be coming. But I kept getting that feeling: It's Coming!! So strongly that I ended up writing it down in my notes:

My notes from Saturday Stake Conference

Well today, after the Sunday session of stake conference, I came home and spent a little time with my family before they had to go to church. Briefly after they had left for their church, my phone started ringing. It was my mom. I answered and she said that the Ward Clerk told her that my call had been issued on Friday and would be here on Wednesday. It IS coming.

I really need to learn to trust my feelings. My call should be coming in just 3 days! I'm nervous and excited but actually kind of at peace at the same time. My testimony has grown more. Assuming everything goes well with the mail, I'm sure I will be posting something very exciting here in just a couple of days... :)
Love Always,
Delta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)