Monday, May 28, 2012

Now We Wait...


It's official- the Stake President gave me the green light and is pushing the button. Within the next few weeks I should know where I'm going on my mission and when.

I'm so glad that I did my EVOLUTION OF A TESTIMONY project before going into that interview. It helped me answer the questions with more confidence. The Stake President even asked me something like "have you had a testimony for a long time?" and because of that project, going back in my journals, I could say yes. I doubt that was a required question, so it's interesting that he asked.

Anyway. the papers are in so now we wait... or in the words of Mr. Magorium:
"No. We breathe. We pulse. We regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds create. Our souls ingest. 37 seconds [or about 3 weeks], well used, is a lifetime." 
I've got a lot of preparing to do in the next several weeks. I'll have even more after I get my call. Along with all of the things I'll need to gather up and the other studying I'll want to do, my stake President challenged me to read the whole Book of Mormon again before I enter the MTC (possible foreshadowing for my next blog-project).

I'm excited to know where I will be assigned to go, but "Ég fer hvert sem vilt að ég fari" (Which is the Icelandic hymn title for "I'll go where you want me to go").



Love Always.
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. That movie makes me think of you every time. Never fails to make me cry. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)