Thursday, May 17, 2012

Journal Entry 57: A New Journal and A New Start

THE EVOLUTION OF A TESTIMONY: Day 57


I'm getting close to turning my papers in. It won't be too long now until I find out the destiny of my next 2 or so years. This is from when I started my papers...

"Wednesday May 1, 2012
It's official. I've started and almost finsiehd my mission papers. After I started, my mom bought me a journal that says 'Sister Michelle Curtin' on it. It's crazy how fast it's becoming a reality. I've already gone to the dentist and doctor...
Also, did I tell you I got a new job? I work full-time at Fotofly (a photo studio) as an 'Artist'. One of my managers is my aunt Jenn ('Kamp'). So far it's been a really good job. I almsot didn't get it beacuse I couldn't commit through fall because of school/mission, but they decided to hire me anyway. A mission is expensive, so having a full time fairly well-paying job is a huge blessing and helps relieve some stress on my family who feels like they need to help support me. I have many blessing right now with family, work, health, friends and life.
My awesome friends who have been such great examples and support
 I have so much support around me. Dani is in town before she goes to work in Moab so her, Jess and I went to the temple yesterday. I used to be so good about going every week, but I missed a couple the last couple of weeks so I'm grateful to have friends to remind me and go with. I have so much more to do to prepare for a mission and it's hard with so little time with work, but I hope I can get ready. It's only a couple months away. And now it's time for bed. Good night.
Love Always,
MichelleDC"
I don't think I'd have been able to make the decission to go on a mission without the awesome support of a great family (specifically a wonderful mother) and amazing friends.

Love Always,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)