Saturday, May 5, 2012

Journal Entry 45: Beautiful Upon the Mountain

THE EVOLUTION OF A TESTIMONY: Day 45

I have some great friends that are such great examples to me. My friend Wendy, from Maryland, was in town once and we decided to go hiking. She suggested we bring our journals and scriptures. The hike turned out to be a great symbolic lesson. It got dangerously stormy up there, but after some prayers and patience, the storm stopped and the hike back down the mountain was clear and sunny.
"Wednesday August 3, 2010
Right now I'm sitting on top of the mountain behind the Draper temple. Wendy and I decided (she's staying with us right no) to go on a hike and bring our journal and scriptures, she's an awesome person- always thinking of that kind of stuff.
This was the view we had while reading scriptures & writing in our journals on our hike
 It's been quite the adventure. It started raining partway through, so we stopped and ate lunch on a bridge and then later it was lightning and thundering and POURING- so we stopped and waited it out. It reminds me of a quote my aunt had on her blog that says 'Sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes God calms the child and lets the storm rage on'. It's been an awesome experience.
Wendy writing in her journal
 We're all drenched, but the view here is beautiful and the half storm/half blue sky looks so cool... Wendy is such a great example- I'm thankful for her. Well I'm going to read my scriptures now. (River is with us and she just brought a rock :) I'll write soon.
River went down into the River to get this rock as big as her head.
 Love Always,
MichelleDCurtin

P.S. I've been reading in Mosiah 15- right now Mosiah 15:15-18"
 This is Mosiah 15:15-18...

15 And O how beautiful upon the mountains were their feet!
16 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!
17 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those who shall hereafter publish peace, yea, from this time henceforth and forever!
18 And behold, I say unto you, this is not all. For O how beautiful upon the mountains are the afeet of him that bringeth good tidings, that is the founder of bpeace, yea, even the Lord, who has redeemed his people; yea, him who has granted salvation unto his people;

I didn't look for that scripture to read, I just happened to be reading it. I now have it highlighted and "Hike with Wendy 2012" written next to it in my scriptures (along with some rain marks and dirt from the hike).

Love Always,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)