Friday, May 4, 2012

Journal Entry 44: Merry CHRISTmas!

THE EVOLUTION OF A TESTIMONY: Day 44

This next entry doesn't need much of an into, so I'll just jump right in...

"Thursday December 17, 2009
I'm sorry I haven't written in here for a while, I've been keeping a 'gratitude journal' for 100 days and I just finished this week. 
Today was a good day. I took my last final exam today which means I'm done with my first semester at college! I finished at the same time as Apenisa (the guy from Fiji in my class) and he was going to practice Rugby, so I walked and talked with him. He told me a little about when his famiyl and he were introduced to the church (1995 I think) and when they were baptized, it was a nice conversation.
Then I called my family to say I was done, becasue they were going to my cousin's... concert. They had a ticket for me, but I didn't know how to get there and I didn't think I'd make it on time, but I tried. I took an exit I've never taken before and just haded toward the temple. I never would have found it if I wasn't going toward the beautifully lit temple. I prayed that I would make it on time and I barely did. One we got inside, I sat down and less then a second later eveyone stood. THey stood because President Uchtdorf was there and was standing to wave to people. Elder Oaks was with him too. It was so neat to have them there.
The concert... was beautiful. THey had Steven Covey as the narrator and several guest musicians and singers like Michael Ballam and Lawrence F Gee, Stanford swim and sam cordon. It was a beautiful performance.
Cell-phone picture of President Uchtdorf after the concert
 Afterwards everyone stood up and waited for president Uchtdorf and elder oaks to leave, they left behind the curtain, so I thought they'd left but elder Uchtdorf was shaking the musicians hands. I thought it was cool to be to just be so close, but then he ended up walking out the same door as me and I got to shake his hand and we exchanged 'Merry Christmas's. A very appropriate creeting, I think, from an apostle of Christ. It was an amazing expirence. It wasn't until I was in my car that I realized it had been an answer to a prayer. During the concert I said a quick quiet prayer hoping to meet him and then didn't think about it again. God does answer prayers. Merry Christmas! Love Always, Michelle Curtin"
I know it's the beginning of May, but Merry CHRISTmas!
Love Always,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)