Thursday, April 19, 2012

Journal Entry 29: Reflection in a Wave


Like I said, after EFY I was on my own. Luckily that didn't stop me from growing in faith. This next entry was shortly after EFY...
My cousin Wesley (on the right) and us before EFY
"Hey Journal,
Today is July 6, 2008 (Sunday). I'm home now- back in the crazy real world. It's nice to be back with the family and all, but it's still hard to come back to reality...well anyway- I just got back from taking Wesley to the airport. We drove him to see the DC temple first though. I love that temple- it towers out of nowhere above the trees and the freeway. It's very beautiful. We stopped and went in the visiter's center for a min. too. 
They had a neat display there of a bunch of photographs of president Hinckley. It was cool. I loved how in almost all the pictures he had his cane, but was using it to wave rather than walk. They had a cute picture of Sis. Hinckley waving from the car right before she passed away too. 
When I was walking around, I caught my reflection is one of the pictures and when I looked at the picture, it was President Hinckley waving. He was looking straight on and smiling wide. I couldn't help but feel like he was waving to me. My reflection also seemed to chine brighter. I only say that because lately I've been having a little bit of a hard time with self confidence, but when I looked at my reflection, I felt like maybe I saw myself from Pres. Hinckley, or even Christ's, point of view. It's hard to explain, but it was a nice experience.
Picture of me from around that time
 Well I have to get ready for the fireside (or the 'Bishop Youth Discussion') Patriarch Halsy is going to be our speaker so that should be good because he is the one who gave me my Patriarchal Blessing. Well yeah, so I better get going.
<3 you. <3/ MichelleDeltaCurtin" 
I actually didn't remember this experience until I just read it today. It's simple, but interesting. I wish everyone could see how Christ sees us. Things would be much different then.
Love Always.
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)