Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Journal Entry 28: The Last Medly


Okay, I promise this is the last EFY post. The 4th and final one. It's becoming cliche even in my book, but doesn't make it any less valuable.

Wendy, Solomon and I at EFY
 "Hey Journal,
Thursday. Naturally one of the best days. We've really bonded more as a group. Today was good. The variety show was fun- lots of singing, some jumproping, jigging, dances (with sign language) it was fun... The best part started with the musical program though. It was great. It focused on Christ and that's what we need to focus on... It was really spiritual. At the end of the fireside we sang the 'EFY Medly'- which of course was a killer. I have never not felt the spirit in that song. Especially when the young men sing their part. The strength felt when the boys sing is amazing. I could hear Solomon sing and I just thought about how amazing it is to come here and meet so many worthy men who honor their priesthood. It's amazing. We separated for testimony meetings after. And this time I wasn't able to bare mine- not because I didn't want to, but because there wasn't a second wasted. There was litterally a line to bare their testimonies. Which was a testimony in itself for me. It was just a great thing to see. It was a great day- Wendy's really loving it here and we all are. I'm so grateful to be here. I'm sorry I haven't written more detail this year, but it has been amazing like always. 
Love you! <3/ MichelleDCurtin" 
There you have it. The last EFY entry that I will be posting. After that, I was on my own. No more pre-prepped spiritual weeks. I'm grateful for each one of those EFYs, no matter how cliche it sounds. There is so much spiritual strength in youth that I wish I could harness. I still have several friends from those EFYs and definitely many great memories.
Love Always,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)