Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Journal Entry 27: Passing of the Mantle


If you've seen some of my previous entries, you'd notice that the Prophet- Gordon B Hinckley was very dear to me. This entry was after his passing...
"Hey Journal,
Today is Jan 29, 2008. I wish I had more time to write and I wish I would have written this early, but 2 days ago- january 27, 2008 at 7:00pm (Utah time) our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away. Strangely  there hasn't been a ton of mourning. It's been more of a rejoicing in his life and a happy reunion with his dear wife whom he missed very much. We will miss him very much, but we are happy to know he has returned home. The one thing that sticks out in my mind when I think of him was at EFY (at the U of U) the night we sing the EFY mdely, they played a clip of President Hinckley at the end he spoke of how much he loved us youth, and he cried. Many of us cried too. You could tell how very sincere he was. He is such a great man! At that same EFY one of the speakers asked the girls to describe Pres. Hinckley in one word. The most common was 'cute'- he then said 'boys, you want the girls to think you're cute? Aspire to be like President Hinckley'. Although we just laughed, it's true. President Hinckley is a great man with amazing qualities and amazing faith. I hope someday my husband, and me for that matter, can have faith as unshakable as President Hinckley. He is the prophet I've known for the majority of my life (since I can remember). He's been a teacher my whole life. What a humble, loving, amazing man! We will miss him very much, but I'm happy to know he's home. Thank you President Hinckley for everything you've done for me, for the church, for the world and most of all- for God. We love and miss you.
<3/ Michelle Curtin" 
I'm grateful to know, that even though President Hinckley passed on, life still continues. This is what I was doing during that time period...

I was hosting a wonderful Chinese Exchange student- "June"



And with the prophet's passing, the mantle was passed to a new prophet- Thomas S. Monson. He is a true prophet of God today. 

Love Always.
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)