Sunday, April 15, 2012

Journal Entry 25: The Christmas Spirit

THE EVOLUTION OF A TESTMONY: Day 25

Okay so that last journal entry only lasted 2 days instead of the many, because it was chalk full of stories but mostly about cool adventures, dates and vacations. The next entry is similar, so I'm going to jump to the middle of it...
"...One thing we did before though, was the thing that really got me in the 'true Christmas spirit'. For one of our activities- we delivered the 'giving tree' presents. I went with sis. newman and Eve D. We first delivered some treats to an older couple. Of course they invited us in. We talked for a  while. The thing that I loved was when sis. Newman said we should go and 'Is there anything we can do for you?' The only thing the elderly lady asked for was a prayer before we left. It put things into perspective of what really matters. When we left, she shook our hands. She was a really nice lady. 
And the girls I used to Nanny for showing some Christmas spirit
...Finally, we went to the care institute to visit bro. Howard Davis. I don't know the full story of what happened, but bro. Davis was in a car accident and is now in a wheelchair and has a hard time communicating. He is a really nice man though. I don't know how to explain it, but he just has a sweet spirit. My dad picked him up to go to church and we had a hard time getting him in the car, but he was very thankful that we took him. He remembered me too and asked me how I was. He also sang a long to the Christmas music on the way there. It was another thing that put me in the real Christmas spirit. 
Another of those Christmas spirit things was when I went with my mom, Emily C and her mom to help at the clothing exchange that is at our bishop store house in downtown Baltimore. I had fun organizing actually, but it was also a humbling expirence. I am VERY fortunate for what I have.
Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I have lots to tell you about my trip to Washington, but I'm really tired so goodnight for now.
mucho <3/ MichelleCurtin" 
Service shouldn't happen just one time a year, but I'm grateful for that special spirit that is often associated with Christmas that brings in a new light and, a new and refined perspective.
Love Always.
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)