Thursday, April 5, 2012

Journal Entry 15: Cancer, Kelsey and A Nail in the Foot


This next entry is still kind of from my EFY journal entries, but is more about 3 separate events that followed shortly after...
"Hey I'm back again,
It's now July 13, 2006. Let's see... where was I at? Okay, the ride home. On the plane I sat by a group a kids from 'Circle of Friends' who were going to Seattle to meet football players, meet other people like them, have fun, do some activities and go to the hospital. They all had diseases. The 15 year old boy in front of me had a tumor in his optical nerve so he couldn't see very well. Many of the other kids had Aol luceamia (spelling?). It was neat to be able to listen to them. their outlook on life was very unique. One of the boys asked about the of the girls luceamia- 'Yeah it's one of the better ones, I have an 85% chance of survival' They where all so happy. It was a fun chance to be able to sit by them.
Also,  when I got home Kelsey came over to return my Book of Mormon (she read the whole thing). And I have got one that she could keep (the one she barrowed had my name on it) In the one she returned, she left a thank you note (I might put it in here later) but one part of it said 'I realized that I am diffrent from when I started' I think that's really cool. Maybe sometime soon, I'll ask her if she wants to hear the missionary discusions. Also, one more thing she wrote on the back was her favorite scripture Alma 32:16-22. It's pretty cool.
(Kelsey is on the left, I am on the right)
Alright now this is a really off subject, but I may as well tell you. Tuesday night while I was at Lake Joy for our Young Men/ Young Women's combined activity, I stepped on a rusty nail. I barely felt it, but I brought my foot up and I had to pull it out. Brother Ward helped me walk up on the deck (it was bleeding a fair amount). I washed it out and then put a bandaid on it. Then yesterday I went to the Urgent care (my normal doctor couldn't get us in) and they gave me a Tetna shot (spelling?) now my arm feels funny. But through all of that I didn't cry. It takes a lot to make me cry (yet testimony meeting at EFY did) Anyway, I don't remember what else I was going to write about, so I might have to write more later.
Love ya! <3/ Michelle"
A photo of the actual letter Kelsey wrote me. I won't include the inside, unless I get her permission later.
 This is Alma 32: 16-22...
 16 Therefore, blessed are they who ahumble themselves without being bcompelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without cstubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe.
  17 Yea, there are many who do say: If thou wilt show unto us a asign from heaven, then we shall know of a surety; then we shall believe.
   18 Now I ask, is this faith? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for if a man knoweth a thing he hath no cause to abelieve, for he knoweth it.
   19 And now, how much amore bcursed is he that cknoweth the dwill of God and doeth it not, than he that only believeth, or only hath cause to believe, and falleth into etransgression?
 20 Now of this thing ye must judge. Behold, I say unto you, that it is on the one hand even as it is on the other; and it shall be unto every man according to his work.
  21 And now as I said concerning faith—afaith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye bhope for things which are cnot seen, which are true.
   22 And now, behold, I say unto you, and I would that ye should remember, that God is amerciful unto all who believe on his name; therefore he desireth, in the first place, that ye should believe, yea, even on his word.

That was kind of a long entry, so I won't lengthen it much by adding a lot of commentary, but I'm grateful that even after EFY, I have constant reminders that always point to the truth of God.

Love Always,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)