Monday, April 2, 2012

Journal Entry 12: Like A Fire


Girl's Camp. It's a place of it's own. I never had sisters so girl's camp was kind of a crazy place to me, but still always fun. I gained a lot of great friends at camp, some of which I'm still good friends with today. I didn't write much after this girl's camp, but there is a page from a smaller, separate journal stapled into this one that says...

"Dear Journal,
I'm home from camp now. I'm on my way to Utah in the car right now. I just wanted to write about our testimony meeting at camp. On Thursday our Bishops came up and each ward went to a different fire pit and had a testimony meeting. The spirit was really strong there. I really could feel it. It was a great experience. It was truly amazing. I really don't know what else to say. I guess that I know the church is true and that God loves me. I have a testimony.
- Michelle"
Girls Camp: The girl's from our year (I'm in the green)
I remember that testimony meeting well. We sat around the fire pit that was right outside our year's cabin. I don't remember exactly what was said, but I remember what was felt. I also remember staring into the fire and watching the ashes dance, one by one, into the air as I listened to each one of my friends' and leaders' testimonies. It gives new meaning to the song "The Spirit of God"... 


The Spirit of God like a fire is burning. I finally knew I had a testimony.
Love Always,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)