Sunday, April 1, 2012

Journal Entry 11: God's Pep Talk

THE EVOLUTION OF A TESTIMONY: Day 11
Growing up I always heard the expression that "If you want to talk to God, then Pray. If you want God to talk to you, then read your scriptures". But it's hard to put into practice. Well, actually it's easy to put into practice, just hard to have the faith that it actually works. But I've had several little experiences that taught me that it does...
"Hey Journal,
Today is January 09, 2006- yup- a new year! HAPPY NEW YEAR! (Sorry- I haven't written for a month) I have a bunch of things to write about. First are just some experiences. first was when I was really frustrated with my Reflections sketch- I opened my scriptures to Alma 26:27 and happened to read- 'Now when our hearts were depressed and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us and said...bear with patience thine afflictions and I will give unto thee success.' In the end, my new sketch turned out good and I entered it in the reflections contest (I'll write to you later about whether it wins or not (<--- it went to state so far...-March '06) Second was today. I was really stressed about my huge math test. I happened to read Alma 31:32 'O Lord, wilt though comfort my soul and give unto me success, and also my fellow laborers... yea, even all these wilt thou comfort, o Lord. yeah, wilt thou comfort thier souls in Christ' The math test turned out to be pretty easy. And I just remembered, but I sorta talked to Laura religiously- not much, but in that area. A little about after-life sorta. I'll write to you about my grade when I get my test back. (<--- got an A March '06)..... Well I better go. My hand is tired and I'm tired. So good night. <3/Michelle"
I understand that God's love is not based solely on whether or not you are successful or not in your various activities, but for me, the comfort that God gave me through these scriptures was just what I needed to trudge along and fulfill the assignments and strengthen the talents I had in Christ. 

Love Always,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)