Thursday, March 29, 2012

Journal Entry 8: The Lost and Found


Prayers are a wonderful tool. We don't always get what we want, but with faith, our prayers are answered. This next entry is a bit longer than previous ones, so I'm going to leave out some, but here is most of it...
"Hey Journal,

Today is July 24th (Pioneer Day) and guess what!? I'M IN UTAH. I'm having sooo much fun. I love it here.... Okay, well this is a change of subject, but I just wanted to quickly write down how Heavenly Father helps in little, but great ways. Yesterday after my aunt's (krista's) bridle shower, we were going to go to the Drive-In movie with a bunch of our extended family. I was getting ready and I wanted my glasses, so that I could take my contacts out so they didn't dry up. I looked all over for them. I was tired and frustrated. I pretty much gave up. I really wanted them though. So I ended up praying that I could find them. A couple seconds after I was done, I lifted my suitcase slightly over and there they where. I don't know how I didn't find them earlier. It was simple, but amazing to me. My testimony has grown quite a bit lately, and I feel a lot happier. Well I'm sorry, but I have to get ready to go to My grandma & grandpa curtin's house to see everyone and have dinner. (oh and by they way- I got to see my great grandma there the other day. She was walking even though she just had surgery on her back) Well luv ya and tty soon.

<3 Shelly"

There you have it, the evolution of a testimony. I even specifically pointed out the growth happening in my spiritual life. I love that I pointed out that as my testimony grew, so did my happiness. I think knowledge of truth really does bring happiness.
Love Always,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)