Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Journal Entry 6: Angel Adam


Sometimes it's in our own heartache that we come closest to Christ. And sometimes it's through the heartache and trials of others. One of my leaders at church had a beautiful little boy born during the time I knew her. But, he wasn't on the earth for very long. If I remember right, he only lived a few days. Other than my great-grandparents, I think he was the first experience I had with death. It's interesting how some of the shortest and simplest of lives are the ones that make the biggest impacts...
"Dear Journal,  
Today is Aug 21, 04 I just got back from our ward camp and Adam's funeral. Adam is the Brimly's child. The Brimly's are in our ward. Adam was born with many problems and died on wens. Adam Scott Brimley was an amazing little boy 'I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somwhere up above, they come to you and me in our darkest hours. To show us how to live, to each us to give. To guide us with a light of love' that is the chorus of the song 'Angels Among Us'. Adam was truely an angel who touched many lives and hearts. Now he's home with our heavenly father. I never got to go see him, but I feel I knew him, I have to go unpack now so ttyl 
- Michelle"
I'm grateful to know that, because he was a child, he truly is with our Father in Heaven. In the scriptures in D&C 137:10 it says "And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven". The pain followed by comfort that the family and our ward went through, really taught me a lesson on the plan of happiness.

Love Always,
Michelle

P.S. For anyone who wanted a link to that song, it's old, but here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)