Sunday, March 25, 2012

Journal Entry 4: Bye Bye Buddy


mir-a-cle /'mirikel/
1. A surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is considered to be divine.
2. A highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment. 

The following is a story about something that I still consider to be a miracle to this day. Growing up, I had a conure parrot named Buddy.
Buddy
That's all the set up I need, I think the Journal entries say  the rest...
"Dear Journal,

Buddy is gone. His cage was left open and so was the door, so we think he's gone. And there's practically no way he'll ever come back. It's too cold and it could rain, for all I know he could be dead or he could of gone and flew somewhere far away. an animal could have gotten him. He practically has no chance. I loved him so much! I way not have shown it lately, but I really love him. I'm so mad! I got him when I was bout 7 I think and now I'm 12. His birthday was only a couple days ago. (today is feb 19, 04) we've been looking outside for a long time, but it's too dark, and we left his cage outside just in case for some reason he comes back.-michelle curtin" 
 Then the following day, I wrote this...

"Dear Journal, Last night was freezing cold and it rained. My family and I prayed for buddy, but we figured he was gone. I must admit that I began to doubt that heavenly father was there. Well this mourning my dad found him! He was up in a tree, freezing, hungry  and wet. I will never doubt that Heavenly father is there again! He answered our prayers, it's a miricle that buddy is still alive and that we found him.

Love, Michelle Curtin.
P.S. Today is Feb. 20!" 
I don't think I'm the one who prayed that bird home. My faith was pretty shallow that night, the odds against Buddy just seemed to great. But my little brother saw how devastated I was and he sure prayed, as did my whole family.  And I prayed too, with a lot of fervency, but shaken faith.
We got rid of Buddy a few months later. He was loud and obnoxious and was causing family contention. But, he provided the opportunity to witness a miracle, and for that- I'm grateful for every squawk and every bit finger he also provided.
Love Always,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)