Thursday, November 17, 2011

None Were with Him, but He is Always with Us.

Right now I'm taking a New Testament class at BYU. I've learned so much from that class. We are to the point in the reading where we are "moments away" from Christ in Gethsemane and his Atonement. I have learned so much about the love of Christ, the nature of Christ, and my personal relationship with Christ in this class. When everything and everyone else fails, He does not.
A couple years ago, Elder Holland gave a talk called "None Were With Him"- that talk completely changed my perspective.
Even though it is an "Easter Message" I think it is just as fitting any other time of the year- and especially for me at this time...


And if you'd like to watch the full talk- it is here:



I am so grateful for my relationship with Christ and for the knowledge of Him and His sacrifice. I want everyone to be able to truly understand what He did for us. He did it so we could be forgiven of our sins. He did it so we could return to be with him. He did it because He loves us.
Love Always,
Michelle

P.S. I will be in Mexico during Thanksgiving so- Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be grateful for! Family, friends, education, nature, my experiences... and first and foremost knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and my relationship with my Savior.
What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)