Tuesday, October 25, 2011

He Loves Us

A few weeks before I decided to prepare for a mission, I had a wonderful conversation with my neice. She had just turned 3 years old.

She spent the night, and as I was putting her to bed, I asked her if she had said her prayers. She responded with something like "Yeah, I talk to Jesus".

I thought that was an interesting response so I asked her.. "oh yeah? Well what does Jesus say?"

And she said the most profound, in depth, perfect, honest, true statement I may have ever heard:

"He loves Me"

The scriptures about "out of the mouth of babes" and the wisdom of children are so true. Like 3 Nephi 26:16 that says "...yea, even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things..."

I realized then that everything else builds upon the love of Christ. We are loved. Christ loves us unconditionally. And we must love always as He has loves always.

After this little conversation, I continued to ask her. "...what else does he say?"

She responded with (in almost a DUH kind of way), "Just, He loves Us!" and then she turned to me and said sincerely- "I love you!" and gave me a hug and a kiss.

This lesson of love couldn't have been taught in a more profound way.
He Loves You too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thoughts and feedback. Please keep comments respectful. Thanks :)